Art of staying outside the box

1 kommentarer - Post a comment

The weekend disappeared in the clouds of the past and I find myself back at work, in the future known as now. Maybe I should write about it, maybe I should just leave it be. It all started with me and Mr Oz deciding to revolutionize the whole concept of Swedish midsummer getting drunk in a country estate out in nowhere with your friends and relatives gathered around a huge green symbol of male fertility. Being, or at least feeling like proper rebels we went to check out Mr Elektro himself, Dj Melnyk at Buddha Lounge. The place was full of gay people and very soon we realized that we crush-landed in a middle of Swedens biggest gay-party just about to happen. Nazi haircuts, too tight jeans and drag-queens with outfits from hell filled up the dance floor. I said it before, and I’ll say it again, gay people know how to party. But somehow, even though I try to convince myself and my friends that I’m as open minded as you can get, I felt a bit lost. And poor Mr Melnyk got so completely confused that he hardly got one mix right during the whole night.

Saturday evening started with a bottle of vodka at the studio of my good friend and role model Jesper Rasmussen also known as the Danish producer formerly (and currently) known as Zar. Somehow I envy this gentle giant. Living in a studio pretty much in the forest outside Copenhagen he has nothing else to do than to produce music all night long. Perfect settings for being creative.

Without making a big deal out of it he put us up on the list for Justin Timberlakes afterpary in Copenhagen. No entrance fee, VIP-reception and getting completely drunk with Danish Dj Mafia. Out host, Asle Björn, was more than happy to chat about good all days when trance was the music of choice for every self-respecting Dj, E was for free, Ibiza was less commercial and you could actually make a living working with music only. I experience a night of complete flow, being on top of the world and surrounded by a bunch of open minded and inspiring people who refused to live anywhere else but here and now.

Call me superficial if you want, but I love being on the list.

The night became completely blurred, when your humble author got molested by a Danish female dressed up as a pilot and our dear producer woke up at Kastrup Airport ten o’clock in the morning with somebody else’s handbag.

Fusion festival is coming up, so its time to wash up, rinse and repeat.

I love rock’n’roll lifestyle.

 
This Post has 1 Comment Add your own!
Kajan - 27 juni 2007 kl. 16:46

Itsn't that "The Zar" from the board? Cool! Still hanging out with Charma?

Skicka en kommentar